General Info and FAQ
MJR® PREMIER REWARDS
As a leader in our industry, we feel that it vital to stay competitive and offer value to our guests that no other theatre chain does. The MJR® Movie Rewards Program is over a decade old and we have learned so much over that time. For several years, we have received invaluable feedback from thousands of members on how we can make our program better. We truly feel that your feedback is reflected in our new MJR® Premier Rewards Program.
MEMBERS OF THE OLD MJR Movie Rewards PROGRAM
· The MJR® Movie Rewards Program ended on March 19th , 2017. All printed rewards were honored through their expiration date; which was 365 days after they were earned.
· Unfortunately, we could not carry over members from the Movie Rewards program into our new program due to the constraints of our old program. All Movie Rewards members will need to register for the Premier Rewards Program with a new card or sign up on the MJR app, available on iTunes and Google Play. Please note that by signing up on the MJR App, you will receive a virtual loyalty card instead of a physical card. If you would prefer to have a physical card, they are available at the MJR Box Office (Do not sign up on the MJR App). You can then register that card on www.mjrtheatres.com and sign into your account on the MJR app.
FREQUENTLY ASKED Questions
*What is the MJR® Premier Rewards Program?
- The MJR Premier Rewards Program is a FREE loyalty program that allows registered members to earn points for purchases made on movie tickets and concession items. Registered members will receive one (1) point for each dollar spent on tickets and concession items. There is a maximum earning potential of 500 points per business day. There is no cost to join or participate in the program. Upon accumulating 50 points, registered Premier Rewards Members will receive five ($5) Premier Dollars that may be redeemed at participating MJR® locations towards movie tickets or concession items. Registered Members also receive one (1) Free Regular Popcorn on Tuesdays.
*How do I join?
Eligible individuals can join the Premier Rewards Program two different ways.
- Download the MJR App on your iPhone or Android and sign up for the Premier Rewards program. The app will store your card electronically on your phone so it will always be with you. NOTE: Members that sign up on the MJR App will not receive a physical card. Those wanting a physical card must pick one up at the Theatre box office and not sign up on the App.
- Pick up a Premier Rewards card at any participating MJR location and register it online at mjrtheatres.com.
Present your card or virtual card when you buy movie tickets or items at the concession stand. Your points will begin to accumulate the first time you use your Premier Rewards card. Once the card is registered, members can then start using any Premier Dollars earned.
*What do I need to know about the MJR App and Virtual Premier Rewards cards?
- The MJR App is available on iTunes and the Google Play store. You can sign-up for Premier Rewards on the app from the menu screen > Premier Rewards > I want to sign up. You will then enter your information and be assigned a virtual Premier Rewards card that can be accessed on the MJR app. By doing so, you cannot obtain a physical card with that card number. Additionally, when you sign up on the MJR app, your virtual Premier Rewards card will only show the total points currently on your card. You can add this card number in Settings>Payments>Add a new payment method. This will allow you to see the Premier Dollars (Gift Card) balance on your card.
NOTE: If you remove the card from the app and add it back in by selecting “I am already a Member” you will see both the points balance and the Gift Card balance on the card in the MJR Premier Rewards screen. We are working with our development team to address this bug.
*How do I register my Premier Rewards card to spend my earned Premier Dollars and get my other benefits?
- You can register online at mjrtheatres.com. Members that signed up via MJR App will be registered as part of that process.
*When will I receive my 25 bonus points for registering my card?
- Once the card is registered, 25 bonus points will be queued and automatically added to the total of your next transaction with the card. In the case that a member exceeds 50 points when the bonus points are queued, the $5 Premier Dollar reward is also queued. These Premier Dollars will be released from queue and rewarded as a Gift Card balance following the first transaction after registration.
*I have a Premier Rewards card, but I would like a virtual card. How can I get that?
- If you already have a physical card, but you’d like a virtual card for your MJR App, you must be a registered member. Registered members can sign into their account on the MJR App using their card number and last name.
*How do I accumulate Points? Is there a maximum number of points I can get?
- Members will receive one (1) point for each dollar spent towards the purchase of eligible tickets or concession items made at the concession stand. Purchases towards Gift Cards or any purchase at the Studio Bar and Lounge (including food) are not eligible to receive points. However, purchases made with Gift Cards will follow the same rules as listed above. Members may receive a maximum of 500 points per business day. A list of ineligible purchases can be found HERE.
*When and how will I get my Premier Dollars?
- When a registered member accumulates 50 points, the points will automatically be exchanged for five Premier Dollars that are added to the card as a Gift Card balance. Points will be rounded up to the nearest point if your purchase is not a whole dollar amount. You may visit mjrtheatres.com or sign into your account via the MJR App to check your account point or Premier Dollar balance.
*Do my Premier Dollars expire?
- Premier Dollars expire 365 days after the initial earning date.
*What do my Premier Dollars buy?
- Premier Dollars can be used towards the purchase of any ticket or item purchased at the concession stand. Premier Dollars may not be used to purchase gift cards, VIP tickets or for auditorium rentals. Premier Dollars must be used at time of purchase and may not be exchanged for credit on a previous purchase. Premier Dollars have no cash value. Unfortunately, Premier Dollars cannot be used for online purchases at this time. However, they can be used on the MJR App by adding your Premier Rewards card number to the Gift Card “Payments” menu in the Settings section of the MJR App.
*Will I receive points for my ticket purchases made online?
- Yes! Just add your Premier Rewards card number when making your purchase at mjrtheatres.com, MovieTickets.com, or on the MJR App. Premier Dollars cannot be processed as payment for online purchases at this time.
*Will I get points for discounted tickets or when I use coupons?
- Discounted admissions for group sales or buyouts, theatre rentals, or other special events will not award Points. For all other purchases, you will only accumulate points based on the final purchasing price of the ticket or concession item. Items that are purchased using Premier Dollars will also receive points. Items that have a $0 value, such as Free Popcorn or Child Film Festival tickets will not receive any points. For a complete list of eligible purchases, click HERE.
*Can I use a discount coupon or additional voucher when paying with Premier Dollars?
- Yes, but not online. These purchases must be made at the theatre box office.
*Will my points or my Membership expire?
- Points will not expire for all active accounts. However, accounts will be made inactive if not used within a period of 18 consecutive months. At that time, all points and Premier Dollars will be reduced to zero and the account number will be inactivated.
*What if I forget my Premier Rewards card when I go to the theatre?
- You must present your Premier Rewards card at the time of purchase. We recommend downloading our MJR app. The app will allow you to always have a virtual Premier Rewards card, so you don’t need to worry about carrying around your card or forgetting it at home!
*I lost my Premier Rewards card/need my number…What do I do?
- If you know your account number, you can still gain access to your virtual Premier Rewards card using the MJR App. If you would like to get a replacement card, please call Member Services at 1-800-311-8711.
*I want to allow my wife or husband to use my card, is that OK? What about my kids?
- Yes, members of your immediate family may all use the same Premier Rewards card, however, only one physical card will be issued per account. Your family members may also have individual cards and their own account. Children must be 14 years or older to use the account.
*I want to cancel my account. How do I do that?
- To cancel your account, please call Member Services at 1-800-311-8711.
*I forgot to give my Premier Rewards information when I bought my tickets. How do I get points for past purchases?
- The Premier Rewards card or card number must be presented at the time of purchase. Once the transaction is complete, we cannot issue points retroactively.
*I have additional questions, who do I contact?
- Please call Member Services at 1-800-311-8711 for all additional questions or comments.